|Food Opening Times|
|Monday||No food served|
|Tuesday||12 – 2pm, 7 – 9pm|
|Wednesday||12 – 2pm, 7 – 9pm|
|Thursday||12 – 2pm, 7 – 9pm|
|Friday||12 – 2pm, 7 – 9pm|
|Saturday||12 – 2pm, 7 – 9pm|
|Sunday||12.30 – 2pm (booking recommended) No food served in evening|
At Sunday lunchtime we offer delicious, freshly cooked roast dinners with all the usual trimmings.
Roast dinners must be booked in advance.
Served from 12.30pm – 2pm
- Soup of the Day – £4.25 A traditional starter served with fresh bread and butter.
- Prawn Cocktail – £5.25 Served with fresh bread and butter.
- Garlic Mushrooms – £4.95 Sliced mushrooms in a garlic cream sauce with fresh bread and butter.
- Torpedo Prawns with Chilli Dip – £5.50 Delicious breaded prawns with a super hot sauce dip, served with a fresh salad and bread.
- Cheddar Cheese with Pickle – £4.50
- Local Roast Beef with Horseradish Sauce – £4.95
- Carved Ham with Pickle – £5.25
- Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato – speaks for itself – £5.25
- Bacon & Brie with Cranberry Sauce – £5.95
- Prawns in Seafood Sauce – £6.50
- Cheese – £5.50
- Beans – £5.50
- Prawns in seafood sauce – £6.95
- 8oz Sirloin Steak – £13.25 Served with mushrooms, tomato, onion rings, and chips.
- Pepper or Diane Sauce – £2.25.
- Gammon Steak – £9.25 Served with your choice of egg or pineapple, chips, and salad garnish.
- Chicken Diane – £9.95 Chicken breast served with a Diane sauce, chips, and salad.
- John’s Delicious Steak Pies – £9.25 Served with chips and peas.
- John’s Secret Recipe Faggots – £8.75 Again, served with chips and peas.
- Chicken Balti – 8.75 A deliciously spicy dish, served with Naan bread and rice.
- Chilli Con Carne – 8.75 Hot & Spicy! Served with rice.
- Sausage, chips, and peas – £7.95
- Ham, egg, and chips – £8.95
- Lasagne Verde – £8.95 Served with a crisp salad and fresh, crusty bread.
- Vegetable Lasagne – £8.95 Also served with a crisp salad and fresh, crusty bread.
Sunday Roast – Adult £8.95, Child £5.95 – booking is necessary. Locally sourced Beef and Pork*, served with roast and new potatoes, a selection of fresh seasonal vegetables, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and gravy.
*Vegetarian pie is available when pre-ordered at time of booking.
- Breaded Scampi – £9.25 Served with chips and a crisp salad garnish.
- Breaded Plaice – £8.95 Served simply with chips and peas, small salad garnish.
- Smoked Haddock Fish Cakes – £8.95 Served with chips, peas, and a crisp salad garnish.
- Vegetable Quiche – £7.00 Served with crusty fresh salad and bread.
- Ham or Beef Salad – £8.75 Both salads served with crisp fresh salad and fresh crusty bread.
- Prawn Salad – £9.50 The prawns are served on a bed of crisp lettuce and salad with a seafood sauce and fresh crusty bread with butter.
- Cheese Ploughman’s – £8.50 Cheddar, Stilton, or Brie with salad, apple, pickle, and crusty bread.
- Mushrooms – £1.75
- Chips – £2.00
- Salad – £1.50
- Onion Rings – £1.50
- Sausage, Chips and Beans or Peas- £3.95
- Golden Fishies, Chips and Beans or Peas – £4.25
- Chicken Dippers, Chips and Beans or Peas – £4.75
- Pasta with Tomato Sauce – £4.50
- Ham, Egg, and Chips – £4.95
- Icecream – a delicious selection from £3.25
The dessert list changes frequently as we try to tempt our palate; please ask to see our current desert board. From £4.00.
- A selection of fresh bean to cup coffees from £1.95
- Floater Coffee – £3.00
- Liqueur Coffee from £4.50
- Tea – £1.30